A&T Systems, Inc. has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website: www.ats.com.
Collection and Use of Information:
A&T Systems, Inc. is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this statement. A&T Systems, Inc. collects information from our users at several different points on our website.
- IP Address, Browser, and Operating System Information: We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is used to help identify you and your shopping cart. Your Browser and Operating System information is used to deliver technologies and content that your software supports. In general we record this data to analyze trends, administer the site, track a visitor’s movement and use, gather broad demographic information.
- Registration & Contact Us: Our online registration and contact forms require you to provide contact information (like your name and email address). We use your contact information from the registration form to send you information about our company, products, services, and promotional material from some of our partners. Most of this information is sent only at your request. You may opt-out of receiving future, unsolicited mailings; see the choice/ opt-out section below.
- Surveys: Occasionally we may offer online surveys to our visitors. Our online surveys may ask you for demographic information (like your zip code, interests, or occupation). We use this data to tailor our visitor’s experience at our site, showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
- Secure Order Forms: Our site uses secure order forms for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect visitor’s contact information (like their email address) and financial information (like their account or credit card numbers). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders to our customers. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below. Financial information that is collected is used to check the users’ qualifications and bill the user for products and services.
- Contests and Promotions: At times we run contests on our site in which we ask visitors for contact information (like their email address) and demographic information. We use the data from our contests to send users information about our company, products, and promotional material from some of our partners. Users may op-tout of receiving future, unsolicited mailings; see the choice/opt-out section below.
We may share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person. Our visitors contact information (like their e-mail address) will never be sold, rented, or given to any third party companies to protect your privacy, except for the purpose of providing the services that they have requested.
We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
Links to Other Sites:
This site makes chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
“E-Mail this Page” Feature:
If a user elects to use our referral service for informing a friend about our site, we ask them for the friend’s name and email address. A&T Systems, Inc. will automatically send the friend a one-t i me e-mail inviting them t o visit the site. A&T Systems, Inc. stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and for any secondary purposes.
This website takes every precaution to protect our users’ information. When users submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
When our order form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted and is protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL. While on a secure page, such as our order form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just “surfing”.
While we use SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, we also do everything in our power to protect user information off-line. All of our users’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, our billing clerks or a customer service representatives) are granted access to personally identifiable information. Finally, the servers that we store personally identifiable information on are kept in a secure environment, monitored 24 hours a day.
If you have any questions about the security at our website, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site provides users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about the visitor. Additionally, we respect your right to unsubscribe at anytime from this list, and we make it very easy to do so. This site gives users the following options for removing their information from our database to not receive future communications from A&T Systems, Inc.
- Every communication sent includes unsubscribe instructions towards the end of message.
- You can visit the e-News Unsubscribe page to remove your e-mail address from future mailings.
- E-mail webmaster @at s. com f or f ur ther assistance.
Contacting the Web Site:
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings wit h this Web site, you can contact:
Web Site Administrator
A&T Systems, Inc.
12200 Tech Road, Suite 200
Silver Spring, Maryland 20904