Managed Storage as a Service
A&T Systems is launching a new solution, Managed Storage as a Service (STaaS), for Department of Defense (DoD) users with vast amounts of data Click to download v2they must store and use for both short-term and long-term needs. STaaS is available directly from A&T. On-premise legacy storage at many datacenters is either reaching end of life or running out of capacity. The AWS cloud provides compelling economics for migrating storage to cloud. Therefore, migrating storage to cloud presents a unique opportunity for DoD to adopt the cloud, save money, and improve mission capabilities, leveraging data stores with modern applications.
Data center storage is approaching end of life or maximum capacity, and the CIO directed you to move to Cloud. A wide range of data access, retention, and security requirements means one answer does not fit all workloads. You may also be confronted with compliance issues.
A&T, an AWS services/solutions partner, has developed a turn-key Managed STaaS solution based on projects already deployed for two U.S. Army Mission Owners (MOs).
A&T STaaS is suitable for MOs with vast amounts of data to store/use for both short- and long-term, ranging from unclassified to classified. STaaS is built for MOs to comply with DoD Security Requirements Guide (SRG) and Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements and rapidly acquire Authority to Operate for cloud. Implementation of SRG and RMF is based on data categorization at the appropriate Impact Level to meet continuous compliance requirements.
A&T STaaS is a one-stop solution to
- Assess each workload’s requirements for access, security, and retention, and architect the most cost-effective cloud service for each from AWS S3 and AWS Glacier
- Automatically & instantly build Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA)-compliant cloud services for each workload using AWS- and A&T-developed QuickStart automated reference deployments
- Configure disaster recovery with Inter- and Intra-Regional redundancy
- Deploy S3 buckets for encrypted content, logging, and backup; Glacier for lifecycle policies
- Deploy Continuous Compliance Monitoring Tool
- Migrate data with process that ensures chain-of-custody from DoD NIPRNet/SIPRNet storage to AWS storage
- Manage logging, monitoring, and alerts using AWS CloudTrail, CloudWatch, and Config rules (where available); apply data validation methodology before moving to long-term storage; and enforce data loss prevention, scheduled compliance, and reporting