What Is WSCA?
The Western States Contracting Alliance (WSCA), formed in 1993 as a subset of the National Association of State Procurement Officers, is a cooperative purchasing alliance among the 15 Western states highlighted in the map above. WSCA contracts are also open to the other 35 states and the U.S. territories. All levels of government and education may participate—state, county, city, public schools, and institutions of higher education.
Contract Has Three Purposes: Savings, Savings, Savings!
WSCA Member States
Lets stakeholders pool their spending and strategically source their commodity and service procurements with other states—to achieve deeper pricing discounts, longer warranties, and better environmental initiatives, software solutions, and inventory control.
This contract seeks to reduce:
- Overall cost of ownership for wireless devices
- Risks of hidden costs and problems with carrier/supplier mobility solutions via better management
Needs Addressed by This Contract
- Recovery of Overcharges: Identify and recover overcharges on wireless bills by combining a Telecom Expense Management (TEM) automation tool with professional services from our audit experts.
- Recovery of Incorrectly Reported and Remitted Fees: Calculate and capture administrative fees accurately to automate the calculation process and create clear reports comparing accurate invoice totals with carrier sales reports.
- Ongoing Contract Compliance and Plan Optimization: Help users understand and control their wireless plans and eliminate waste. Our TEM software and our billing experts identify cost overruns and errors when we audit every carrier/supplier monthly invoice. The TEM automated audit rules examine every line item and let us alert users about errors that we can correct or dispute with carriers.
Provide wireless management and contract compliance services for government entities that use the WSCA telecom carrier contract. A&T is an Prime WSCA contractor on this contract. The basic service types on this contract are:
- Contract Compliance/Cost Recovery (invoice audits) on invoices over the past 12 months
- Optimization and Right Sizing Plans—ongoing service for current plans/lines and devices
A&T Optional Services
We also offer services for proactive management, extra savings, and further enhanced productivity
- Comprehensive portal for placing and managing orders
- Wireless Device Management for real-time management and control
- Comprehensive wireline management services—A&T can service both wireless and wireline devices
- A “green” method for device disposal and cost recovery
- Automated provisioning and order processing using Telco-Interface with carriers